About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Escalations Representative to join the Enterprise Wire Transfers team in Charlotte, NC.
This team processes Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) wires from beginning to end.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a variety of wire types
- Seek ways to determine appropriate course of action, conduct investigative steps to identify any issues, and process complex transactions online
- Perform moderately complex initiatives to identify potential risks and maintain compliance with government and internal company requirements and standards
- Receive direction from supervisors, and escalate non-routine concerns to more experienced individuals
- Interact with internal customers to respond to any raised concerns, as well as determine appropriate course of action
- Work overtime, especially around holidays and at year end
- Maintain productivity goals and service level agreements
- Have no direct customer contact
Members of this team currently have two options for work schedules. You may work 3 days in the office and up to 2 days remote each week or you may choose to work one week in the office followed by a week working remote. This is subject to change at the discretion of management.
Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
Wells Fargo only considers candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who do not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- 2+ years of contact experience in a Financial Services environment, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience with both foreign and domestic wire transfers
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Customer service experience, preferably in a financial services environment
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Knowledge and understanding of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions and maintaining compliance
- Ability to work in team focused environment, while also working independently to achieve daily standards
- Experience with Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT), the Federal Reserve System’s network (Fedwire or FED), and Clearing House Interbank Payments System (CHPS) payments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Strong alpha-numeric data entry skills.
- Ability to identify trends and provide alternative solutions
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to understand client concerns, questions, and problems pertaining to both domestic and international wire transfer transactions
- Experience using mainframe applications such as Intellitracs, HOGAN, GSMOS, Payment Tracker, or the equivalent
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Willingness to set up a remote office as needed and work on-site at the stated location as requested by management
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
- 1525 W WT Harris Blvd – Charlotte, NC
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.