About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Regional Technology Operations Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage holistic operations of IT services combining applications with infrastructure components including data centers, networks, databases, servers, storage and end user devices
- Manage and develop teams of individual contributors and managers in roles with moderate complexity and risk
- Influence and leverage peer teams in other regions
- Engage and influence stakeholders, internal partners and peers
- Identify and recommend opportunities for technology operations process improvement and development
- Leverage metrics to support infrastructure associated with applications that are highly automated, and latency sensitive, client facing and internal applications consumed by the Business
- Drive key strategic initiatives associated with infrastructure availability
- Manage backups, recovery and ensure recovery includes periodic tests to ensure business continuity
- Work with IT risk management, IT security, compliance and all lines of defense, including Audit, to ensure platform risks are proactively managed
- Manage the costs, demand and resource capacity for the team resources, leveraging external resources as needed
- Optimize team utilization across the region
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 10+ years of technology operations experience in the financial industry
- Strong expertise in one or more of these areas: banking / trading applications, networks, servers, cloud and end user devices
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or related disciplines
- Understanding of banking / capital markets business flows and their technology needs
- 5+ years of people management experience of direct teams and matrix reporting
- Experience in one or more of these areas: cloud migration, BYOD, low latency networks, market connectivity
- Ability to influence people outside own organization
- Experience working with people and businesses across Asia Pacific region
- Quick to react with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt new technologies
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.