About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Systems Operations Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Deliver day-to-day Application/Platform support services for Digital Applications
- Responsible for support functions and driving the execution of multiple Application/Platform support services including incident triage, root cause analysis, change evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, BCP, and risk & vulnerability management, patching, monitoring.
- Provides on-call production support of Mission Critical applications and resolve issues with in RTO.
- Ensure effective production systems monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance.
- Leverage diagnostic tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems
- Bring in engineering, operational management in domains like Cloud
- Engineer automated solutions around how application and infrastructure code changes gets built, packaged, assembled, deployed, monitored and alerted on in our production environments.
- Work with SRE mindset. Building Automated solutions for daily redundant production support activities.
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately. Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for process improvements
- Deep understanding of industry SDLC\Agile methodologies to analyze existing standards in Dev ops and augment the standards.
- Maintain and update support documentation (e.g. game plans, run books, procedures, and process).
- Communicate, co-ordinate and collaborate with multiple support teams and stakeholders
- Must have 7+ Years of Production Support experience
- Experience in application/Infrastructure Support experience using Java/J2EE stack, Weblogic/Tomcat
- Hands on experience and exposure to Cloud environment
- Strong Knowledge on Redhat Linux Operating System.
- Hands on experience on Unix commands for troubleshooting
- Hands on troubleshooting experience on Middleware issues
- Hands on experience on Application servers like Weblogic, Tomcat and Database like Oracle.
- Possess basic knowledge of PL/SQL scripting
- Strong experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App Dynamics.
- Knowledge on Server Management tools like OVO/Netbackup/Alerting tools.
- Proven experience with Software Configuration Managements and DEVOPS tools (GIT, Jenkins).
- Knowledge/experience of Python/Shell scripting.
- Knowledge/experience of Puppet/Ansible.
- Candidate should have working experience in serving as a liaison between technology infrastructure operations and business projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willing to work in shifts (24x7 model)
- Desired Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.