About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Corporate Banking Relationship Management Manager - FIG to join our Singapore team focusing on ASEAN markets.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop team of individual contributor roles with low to moderate complexity and risk in the Corporate Banking functional area
- Responsible for growing and maintaining a portfolio of clients in ASEAN countries (particularly Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore) through pro-active, strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and prospecting efforts.
- Responsible for delivering the full platform of Wells Fargo's capabilities including investment banking and capital markets, FX, Global Treasury Management, Trade, Credit and other Risk Management Solutions
- Perform analysis of the client’s situation, including risks, challenges and potential opportunities.
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding resources, objectives and operations of the Corporate Banking (FIG) functional area and team to meet business objectives
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures for corporate banking relationship management functions with low to moderate complexity within scope of responsibility
- Collaborate with and consult with peers and multiple level managers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Corporate Banking Relationship Management
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Commit to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and Wells Fargo rules, policies, and regulations
- Ensure compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures in order to effectively mitigate and manage risk.
- Collaborate extensively with Control, Compliance, Risk, and Relationship Management Support Team.
- Ensure compliance with WF expenses policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of the credit portfolio and credit risk that includes development and execution of a credit strategies; reviewing credit requests; support the effective management of counterparty limits and using market intelligence to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls in managing bank and credit risk.
- Develop credibility with Credit Risk management in support of growth of appropriate credit risk portfolios.
- 4+ years of Corporate Banking Relationship Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- 8+ years of Corporate Banking experience, ideally with a focus on financial institutions
- University degree
- Knowledge of and experience in investment banking and capital markets, FX, Global Treasury Management, Trade, Credit and other Markets products
- Experience managing a team
- Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations.
- Sound understanding of compliance and risk policy, especially KYC and AML risk.
- Highly self-motivated and be able to pro- actively initiate new ideas to generate businesses
- Fluency in various regional languages (oral, reading and writing) will be highly advantageous
- Licensed with [Dealing in Capital Markets Products that are Securities and Advising on Corporate Finance] or [Dealing in Securities, Advising on Securities, and Advising on Corporate Finance] within 90 days if not available upon hire
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.