About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Mailroom Processor. This position is the first step in a rewarding career in financial services. You'll learn about payment processing, and the financial services industry. Lockbox is a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline driven production environment working behind the scenes with little, if any, customer contact.
In this role you'll be performing general clerical operations tasks that are routine and/or repetitive in nature. As a Mailroom Processor, you will be responsible for receiving, preparing and distributing incoming and/or outgoing mail or packages; as well as, capturing transactions into a proprietary processing system. Other duties may include: opening, reviewing, sorting, logging, batching, scanning, verifying or matching data on documents, performing simple data entry tasks and routine math calculations. You will work under close supervision following established procedures.
The successful Mailroom Processor, will demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, and basic computer knowledge. They have the desire and motivation to constantly improve their ability to perform each function quickly and accurately. The working environment is fun with a casual dress code in a highly secure facility.
In this role, you will:
- Perform general clerical operations tasks that are routine in nature
- Receive, sort, log, batch, and distribute work
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Utilize mail sorting and tracking equipment or system applications
- Prep and dispatch outbound packages
- Miscellaneous mail duties
- Sort and stage incoming mail
- Escalate questions and issues to more experienced roles
- Work under supervision following established procedures
- Open and prepare incoming payments for processing
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of operations support experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Lockbox experience
- 10-key numerical data entry experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed based on business needs
- Schedule flexibility to work some bank holidays as needed based on business needs
- Ability to lift 10+ pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time without getting tired
• $20 / hourly + 15% shift differential
- Shift/Days: Tuesday - Saturday (night shift)
- Hours:11pm -7:30am (open-ended shift)
- Address: 1801 Parkview Drive Shoreview, MN 55126
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.