About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Data Management Analyst...
In this role, you will:
- Design and conduct moderately complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality or integrity issues and to identify and remediate process or control gaps
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures
- Identify data quality metrics and execute data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality
- Design and monitor data governance, data quality and metadata policies, standards, tools, processes, or procedures to ensure data control and remediation for companywide data management functions
- Support communications with basic documentation related to requirements, design decisions, issue closure, or remediation updates
- Support issue remediation by performing basic to mildly complex data profiling, data or business analysis, and data mapping as part of root cause or impact analysis
- Provide support to regulatory analysis and reporting requirements (BASEL, BCBS 239 etc)
- Recommend plans for the development and implementation of initiatives that assess the quality of new data sources
- Work with business and technology partners or subject matter professionals to document or maintain business or technical metadata about systems, business or data elements, or data-related controls and data lineage.
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data quality within area of assigned responsibility
- Maintains necessary processes, controls, and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Performs complex analysis of master and reference datasets and conduct data validation.
- Experience working with technology teams, with a focus on metadata, data quality monitoring, domain management, and master / reference data management
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Proficient in Requirements gathering and working with multiple data owners.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationship.
- Experience presenting status in a manner that informs, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships with senior leadership
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Experience in anyone of the below:
- Experience in Collibra tool.
- Experience in creating data dictionaries for Metadata.
- Experience on working Agile Methodology, ceremonies, writing and grooming user
- Experience in SQL for Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Experience in performing Quality control and preparing Test scripts as needed.
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence tools.
- Experience in Data Lineage tools like Visio, iGrafx.
- Experience working with macros and SharePoint automations.
- Actively work on complex enterprise-wide programs and collaborates on strategic initiatives for data governance, data quality and metadata activities.
- Manage and maintain Documentation to support Data Governance and management activities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.