About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Operational Accounting Assistant in the Adjustments department as part of Consumer and Small Business Banking Operations. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Perform a variety of activities related to reconciling and balancing accounts
- Research and resolve moderately complex accounting issues and exceptions
- Resolve disputes for customers, clients and vendors, related to balancing situations
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Starting rate $21.50 per hour
- Monday-Friday Start time between 7:00am-8:30am CST, working an 8-hour shift with a 30-minute lunch
- Frequent Opportunities for Overtime
- You will receive in-depth on-the-job training, and coaching to learn about Wells Fargo banking products, procedures, and services.
- Training will be for 12 weeks. Training hours are between the hours 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, working an 8-hour shift. You are required to attend the full duration of this paid 12 weeks of training.
- We’re open from Monday - Friday, 6:00am-5:00pm (CST). Your regular work schedule will be based on business need.
- 2+ years of Operational Accounting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: general ledger reconciliation
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with stringent timelines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- This position will be a Hybrid once training is complete, you’ll work every other week on site at: 1801 Park View Dr, SHOREVIEW, MN 55126.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.