At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Auditor as part of our Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking (CB/CIB) Audit Group Data Analytics team. The CB/CIB team audits the following businesses: Middle Market Banking, Commercial Capital, Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, International, Control Executive, and the Chief Operating Office.
This role will be responsible for supporting audit work through advanced analytics. The candidate will develop expertise in navigating the extensive production and analytical data environments within Wells Fargo and apply that expertise to provide value-added data analysis solutions. We are looking for a candidate with the proven ability to utilize data analysis methodologies and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit process. This includes partnering with internal auditors to identify opportunities to utilize data analysis in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls on a continuous basis.
In this role, you will:
- Lead business partner and audit team meetings for subject areas.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in more than one data analytics tool to identify trends and anomalies related to processes, risks and controls.
- Navigate within large complex technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Execute audit testing in line with Internal Audit policy, procedures, guidelines and IIA standards.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills and the ability to understand the alignment of data analytics to business processes, risks and controls and the impacts to the business.
- Train team members how to identify risks and apply data analytics to verify the risks are fully mitigated.
- Effectively document the analysis in accordance with audit policy.
- Train and mentor audit teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools.
- Partner with assigned audit teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the internal audit function.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Audit, Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in data analytics using SQL or SAS programming including writing code to automate solutions of medium to high technical complexity
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience synthesizing concise insights from complex data
- Experience performing complex data analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, trends and present findings and actionable recommendations to business leaders
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to obtain or currently hold one or more of the following certifications: SAS Certified Big Data Professional, SAS Certified Data Scientist, Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences, Certified Analytics Professional, CFE, CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, or CRCM
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Problem solving skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to develop operational reporting and perform complex data analysis
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Hybrid work schedule with 3 days in office & 2 days remote
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Pay Range$84,000.00 - $149,400.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.