About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Relationship Support Specialist.
In this role, you will:
- Support complex / large portfolio of customers and share leadership role with relationship managers, portfolio managers and customer support managers in managing the portfolio.
- Work with relationship managers and portfolio managers to book transactions and to manage portfolio ensuring contractual, policy and document requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Work through customer due diligence operations which includes new client onboardings and customer maintenance.
- Handle complex customer matters, interacting with internal stakeholders, escalating where needed, and ensuring resolution / successful closure.
- Participate in projects and support business initiatives.
- Partner with customer service managers to resolve issues and provide status updates on implementations.
- Collaborate with executives, management, relationship managers and other internal partners or business lines.
- Be accountable for the execution and proactive monitoring of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance). This includes:
- Effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures.
- Appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations.
- Escalating issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Remediating issues.
- Making sound risk decisions.
- Supporting a risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture.
- Experience in Business Relationship Support, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent, demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task on concurrent projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), including the ability to cut/copy/paste, filter/sort data, create/manage pivot tables, format documents/spreadsheets, and schedule meetings
- Comfortable using search tools to research data.
- Familiarity with Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- Flexibility to adjust to work environment, client and business requirements as needed.
- This is a hybrid role with the expectation to work 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
Fluent in German and English
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.