About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Compliance Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Establish, implement and maintain risk standards and programs to drive compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory and Corporate Policy requirements
- Oversee the Front Line's execution and challenges appropriately on compliance related decisions
- Support the oversight or monitoring of a risk-based compliance program
- Provide support in developing and overseeing standards with some business and functional knowledge
- Provide compliance risk insight and support projects and initiatives with low to moderate risk for a business line or functional area
- Work with a business unit, a defined set of rules and regulations on low to moderate risk compliance matters
- Support the reporting, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk management
- Provide direction to the business on developing corrective action plans and effectively managing regulatory change
- Provide support in reporting findings and drafting recommendations to management
- Support and implement initiatives with low to moderate risk
- Interact with team to support risk oversight and monitoring
- Manage and ensure accuracy of data
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine root cause
- Research and implement new regulatory rules and manage other Registration Team related projects
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with various teams
- Make decisions and resolve issues to meet business objectives
- Interpret policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Compliance, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Job Expectations for "Compliance Specialist" for the Brokerage statement review team:
- The prospective candidate will be responsible for assisting with the compliance to Information Barrier Program.
Brokerage statements of Wells Fargo Team Members who are "covered" under the Personal Investment Policy are required to be submitted WF Securities Compliance Team.
This job would hence involve reviewing of scanned brokerage statements (both French and English) of employees and entering securities transactions based on certain criteria.
Being a regulatory compliance risk function maintaining accuracy is of utmost importance. Eye for detail is key attribute required
- Overall experience 5 to 7 years with exposure to financial industry
- Knowledge of US & Indian Securities / Capital Markets
Knowledge of Various Securities products (Equity, Debt, Futures and Options, Mutual Funds) etc
- Excellent skills in Mandarin/Cantonese language (Reading, Comprehension, and Writing).
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.