At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join the Wells Fargo Commercial Banking Digital team whose mission is to deliver world class engineering for the digital channel and create products that serve our customers’ online & mobile financial needs. In this role is focused on design and development of complex software solutions for the CEO Portal and Mobile applications. They are customer facing portals built using Java, Spring, React, Tomcat, and Oracle DB. The platform provides single sign on portal and mobile capabilities for our commercial and corporate business customers to access a wide array of online business services.
The Digital Technology and Innovation group supports evolving digital platforms and enhances integration of the innovation pipeline into our customer-facing capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Create designs and technical specifications for web and mobile applications by analyzing highly complex business requirements while continuously focused on optimal performance, scalability and cost-effectiveness
- Develop application enhancements or development of new projects and interfaces including customer facing portals, authentication and service integrations
- Work collaboratively in an Agile manner with Product Owners, Application Architects and business functional leaders.
- Lead both onshore and offshore teams (FTE's and Contractors) to implement complex initiatives and enhancements while minimizing risk to end customers
- Participate in troubleshooting of customer issues and production incidents.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced developers
- Perform code reviews to ensure requested functionality is implemented to meet both functional and performance expectations
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, unit testing and debugging of programs
- Help or participate in performance/load tests
- Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas and they meet established business SLAs
- Act as an expert technical resource in building mature and maintainable software using tools such as React Js with Redux, mutual authentication, Splunk, and cloud technologies
- Provide team with significant working knowledge of Jira, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, uDeploy and experience operating within an Agile environment
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Core Java experience
- 5+ years of J2EE experience
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 5+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot
- 3+ years of microservices development experience
- 5+ years of database experience
- 3+ years of Tomcat development or implementation experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of Splunk experience
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- Experience with Kafka Steams
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Knowledge and understanding of application and web security
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Telecommuting is not an option for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- 2222 W. Rose Garden Ln, Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ $111,000 - 197,000
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.