At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Specialty Software Engineer in Technology as part of Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology, Capital Markets. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
This role is part of the groundwork for our next generation pre-trade pricing tool, utilizing Excel for the exotics structured products that utilize innovative home-grown Excel/Excel DNA C# framework that facilitates re-use and componentization of Excel and VBA.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with derivatives business, pricing theories, and hands on development in distributed environments. Additionally, the seasoned candidate will be dealing with trading desks, implementing pricing applications in Excel and various optimization associated with Excel programming. Other opportunities include working on industrialization of the spreadsheets (i.e. proper deployment of the Excel based apps to multiple traders). Overall, this will be an inspiring opportunity to work with traders in order to solve business problems and offer innovative solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Core C# experience
- 5+ years of Capital Markets experience
- 4+ years of VBA/Excel development
- 4+ years of Web based solutions using .NET
- 4+ years of information security experience
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), and Jenkins
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Python
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with Real Time messaging
- Experience with Unix and Linux
- Experience with Bloomberg API, Reuters API in Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of stochastic calculus, stochastic processes, and derivatives valuation
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, and Agile
- Experience with version control or source code repositories such as, Jenkins, GitHub, or Artifactory
- Knowledge and understanding of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- Domain knowledge of derivatives trading, pricing, and models employed, in addition to soft market data for computing models
- A professional certification in technology
- A Master's degree or higher
- 150 E 42nd St. - New York, New York 10017
Pay Range$138,500.00 - $287,600.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.