About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Institutional Investment Operations Senior Manager...
About Wells Fargo India & Philippines: Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WFI&P) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo & Company, by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFI&P operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFI&P at our International Careers website.
Department Overview: FX Operations is part of the larger CIB Securities Operations consisting of over 400+ team members spread across 3 major cities in India. FX Ops is focused on end to end processing of core FX Products including remittances, Investigations, payments & Settlements and settling Interbank & CLS deals. FX teams’ partner with counterparts in APAC, EMEA and AMRS extending CCY and product expertise, provide trusted advice and client-centric solutions, supported by exceptional service & execution.
About the Role: Institutional Investment Senior Operations Manager is a subject matter expert in FX Investigations, who leads a team of FX Investigators. Acts as the first point of contact for all delivery/administrative tasks including escalations. The primary role will be to ensure that the team consistently meets/exceeds delivery/business expectations. The incumbent is responsible to manage & lead a team of 30+ TMs, develop, mentor & coach team and ensure they feel encouraged & motivated to bring the best of themselves. In this role the expectation is also to lead and drive organization wide initiatives cutting across risk management and transformation leading to cost avoidance/savings.
Key Responsibilities :
- Specializes in FX Investigations process:
- Manage FX Investigations process to ensure successful service delivery.
- Manage End to End Service Delivery and drive Quality as a differentiating factor about Process Excellence.
- Work very closely with Delivery teams on TAT Management, Process Improvements, Regulatory Compliance, Audits- Process/Transactional Level and adherence to SLAs.
- Acquainted with SWIFT standards & definitions.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner within the Operations group, Technology application support and Middle Office to ensure prompt resolution of exceptions/disputes.
- People Leadership Attract, retain and develop top talent:
- Grow & Develop talent.
- Ensure strong focus on training, succession planning, career development, and managing career opportunities.
- Performance management, conduct appraisals, complete action plans for people development.
- Attrition management.
- Global stakeholder management:
- Maintain equitable relationship with senior stakeholders, including Operations, Risk & Control, Technology, Learning, Human resources and Support groups.
- Voice at the table – to improve strategy, technology enhancements, prioritization and delivery of agreed deliverables.
- Superior communication skills to articulate business strategies, on-going BAU events, ICTs, Self-Identified Audit opportunities, listing risk events including mitigating/remediating actions with business partners to manage control events and take proactive steps to avoid any form of escalations.
- Risk & Controls Mindset:
- Compliance with relevant risk standards, policies and regulations to maintain an effective control and regulatory environment.
- Adept at identifying potential risks in operational processes; develops and implements controls to mitigate associated risks.
- Responsible for BCP and ICT management.
- Ensure system enforced controls, compensating controls, RCSA, daily recon controls (SOD/MOD/EOD) in place.
- Ensure that the team has effective Quality Check process in place.
- Delivery of Strategic Programs:
- Support and manage the delivery of the Firm’s strategic programs in a high quality, cost effective, timely and sustainable manner with risks and issues identified, prioritized, escalated and managed in a timely and open fashion This includes effective resource management (project / people / technology), and all budgetary and economic elements of delivery.
- Change Leadership / Re-engineering Initiatives:
- Lead the change initiatives in FX Investigations process in a seamless manner in close partnership with the global stakeholders.
- Identify change opportunities (API feeds, data connectivity between SOR and down-streams, Recon Reports); build case study, secure prioritization & funding, ensure UAT, sprints, deployment and subsequent enhancements which are fit for purpose and are scalable.
- Participate in special projects including process improvement analysis and reporting.
- Partner with Technology and the lines of business, to deep-dive and identify potential opportunities.
Qualifications & skills required:
- MBA or an advanced degree (or equivalent experience).
- 17+ years FX Investigations experience with a top-tier bank, including 10 years in a supervisory role and motivating and leading large teams.
- Good understanding about Pega, Intellimatch, BSwift and other industry standard applications
- Strategic thinking and good business judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with business partners and other support functions.
- Comfortable to work in matrix organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver on commitments.
- Must be a team player with a high degree of flexibility, working in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment including shifts (majorly supporting US business)
- Excellent presentation skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, should be comfortable dealing with senior management.
- Proactive control and risk management, addressing gaps in processes and escalating issues to benefit the business and clients in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to successfully influence many different groups and individuals to deliver high quality and timely deliverables.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working with senior leaders straddling across Technology, Operations and Strategy in partnership with global teams.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo:
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.