- Production of analytics/reporting to support businesses
- Leads project (technical lead) & mentors junior team members
- Lead or participate in business initiatives to enhance process efficiency
- Partner with and support Credit Execution & Portfolio Management operational Risk and pricing & profitability to optimize and transform Commercial Banking Client Coverage reporting and analytics.
- Support the Credit Excellence framework
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Providing both technical consulting to business leaders at an appropriate level of information encapsulation
- Oversee development of predictive modeling algorithms using statistical tools, statistical modeling, optimization, algorithm development to synthesize large data sets
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Be a talent magnet by collaborating with various universities and leveraging network across companies
- Coaching team members to operate at higher level of dimensionality to innovate and bring in game changing ideas to fruition
- Partner with business stakeholders in the development of key business reporting (e.g. Business Review dashboard, Credit execution & management dashboards, Operational Risk Reporting and Pricing & profitability data analysis or reporting work etc.) and optimal delivery channels for the distribution of the reporting solutions
- Ensure robust routines with stakeholders and senior executives to share progress of key initiatives and report outs on mutually agreed KPIs for the team
- As a team member and manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team and the business. Specifically, you will lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued and supported to do work that energizes them. Management responsibilities will also include providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks and completing daily management tasks.
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
- Around 13+ years in a similar reporting and analytics role
- PhD/M.A./M.Sc./MS College Degree or Higher in operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- 6+ years of good team handling experience, managing people and projects
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in SAS & SQL especially in Oracle, SQL Server & Teradata environment
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Tableau or SSRS or any BI Reporting tool- creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end to end reports, deriving insights from data
- Hands on experience in ETL development using Alteryx, or SSIS or any ETL tools
- Must be able to offer thought leadership at a meta level – think about information cascade required for BI set up
- Strong domain knowledge about Commercial Banking – Client Coverage products
- Able to guide, mentor and provide technical assistance to the team
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources; recommends and consults in the development of complex analysis designs
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to speak at internal and external conferences
- Proven experience in the area of innovation evidenced by successful holding of one or more patents
- Established inventory of authoring white papers, generating patents for the company
- Experience of working In MNC Banks preferred
- Good to have certifications in BI Reporting tools and Data Science
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience in Pricing & profitability KPI or metrics design
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to learn the business aspects quickly, multitask and prioritize between projects.
- Exhibits appropriate sense of urgency in managing responsibilities
- Ability to accurately process high volumes of work within established deadlines
- Available to flex schedule periodically per business requirements
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity and trustworthiness
- Takes ownership for responsibilities for own and drive same effort to the team
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and good team player
- Be proactive and get engaged in organizational initiatives
- Experience in Python would be an added advantage
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.