About this role:
Wells Fargo has multiple openings in our Consumer Lending group for Lead System Architects passionate about becoming transformational agents for the company.
The Lead Architect will be a forward thinker, passionate technologist, expert in modern technology practices, and has the experience to operate across the enterprise through understanding of available technology and tools. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and possess excellent communication skills, sound judgment and reasoning skills.
In this role, you will:
- The Consumer Lending Technology (CLT) group executes the Wells Fargo Technology strategy and offers a strategic technology perspective to the lines of business (LOBs) we support. These LOBs include Card, Personal Loans and Merchant Services within Consumer Lending. Our teams provide technology solutions to the LOBs and manage the application portfolios through the enablers of skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and satisfaction. In addition, our team plays a major role in influencing\defining the firm wide technology strategy and direction.
- Serve as the Product Architects for Consumer Lending products, including Credit Cards, Personal Lines and Loans and Merchant Services.
- Act as the primary technology experts working closely with both business and technology executives to develop technology strategy & architecture
- Provide ongoing architectural support, and direction for multiple technical efforts across several agile squads.
- Provide strategic direction in the development and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or infrastructure sub-domain that are trans-formative and in compliance with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Create, review and approve medium architectural impact design
- Communicate the target architectures and direction to both management and systems-related teams within their line of business or infrastructure sub-domain (organizational unit) and directing implementation of the architecture.
- Serves as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's architecture, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of the architecture.
- Acts as a transformational agent for change across Consumer Lending.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Systems Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Consumer Lending Products
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- 5+ years of experience leading medium and large-scale program architecture solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to lead during times of ambiguity and change
- Deep understanding of architecture best practices
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture and designing Microservices with Domain Driven Design
- A background in data integration techniques
Not Visa Eligible
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Pay Range$111,100.00 - $197,500.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.