About this role:
The Consumer Credit team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. The team is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Risk Consultant to be part of the Auto Lending Credit Risk team.
The candidate would be part of the Auto Lending Strategy Analytics team and would provide analytical support across a wide array of process or life cycle including but not limited to loss forecasting, originations, collections, payments, deferrals, delinquency and related operational processes.
Primary role is to apply strong business knowledge and advanced analytical skills to solve business questions, think out-side-of-the-box and develop innovative yet practical risk management solutions. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented, and enjoys a fast-paced working environment will find this opportunity both challenging and exciting.
- The incumbent would functionally contribute to the Auto Lending Credit Risk team and execute relatively large and complex projects.
- Act as an advisor to leadership to develop, influence, and interpret analysis for monitoring and oversight of portfolio and deliver insight and decision strategies, with long term goals for highly complex business analysis and modeling
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring strategic, advanced analytical, inductive thinking, and performance monitoring
- Extract data to provide statistical and financial modeling companywide, delivering solutions that are long term, large scale, and require vision, innovation, and coordination of highly complex activities and guidance to others
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to experienced leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that are large-scale, companywide strategies
- Engage with all levels of professionals and managers companywide
- Leads significant initiatives and processes, and partners with line of business management to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance with inputs from senior leadership.
- Directs and coordinates the various activities related to assessing and predicting risk and performance through business analysis and/or modeling. Establishes effective policies, processes, and tools to identify and manage risks. Uses predictive sciences for developing future ready solutions.
- Develops comprehensive monitoring frameworks and dashboards and provide statistically sound diagnostic evaluation of any emerging or unexpected risk areas to enhance intelligence and facilitate faster decision making.
- Reports on asset quality (delinquency, loss rate), portfolio trends, credit policy exceptions across various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, industry segments using visualization tools such as Excel VBA, Tableau and/or SAS Visual Analytics.
- Develops quantitative/qualitative tools and methodologies for forecasting losses in supporting portfolio planning, loan loss provisioning, or new account acquisitions.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the complex programming to extract data and/or manipulate databases such as Oracle, Teradata to support LOB strategy. Perform complex data analysis to support data quality, data integrity control.
- Evaluate new data sources and attributes, internal and external from extensive case reviews. Analyze big data and understand / monitor trends to provide actionable insights across a range of risk analytics initiatives.
- Produce production of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for senior management; review and analyze trends in current population distributions
- Provide research and process support for data lineage development and maintenance from Analytic data warehouse to its provisioning points. Provide access management related research support
- Experience in Risk Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience with forecasting Delinquency and Loss Forecasting for a lead US Consumer Lending Institution
- Working knowledge and proven experience in exploratory Data Analysis and process flow design and optimization,
- Excellent Stakeholder Management, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Working knowledge of Advanced MS-Excel, SAS, SQL, Tableau, R and Python
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 4+ years of progressive experience in credit and risk analytic roles
- Good understanding of risk domain; Strong Risk analytics skills and understanding of P&L and risk drivers.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other statistical modeling and/or Machine Learning techniques
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Advanced degree in statistics/finance /engineering/economics/other quantitative disciplines
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Proficiency in Advanced SAS,SAS macros and SQL; Tableau or BI/automation tools
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.