The I&P Control Strategy, Governance & Enablement Team is responsible for developing and implementing Control Strategy, providing Governance support horizontally across I&P, providing horizontal control reporting and providing enablement support for various Control activities aligned to the Control Target Operating Model.
About the Role
This is an Individual Contributor role related to Governance at Officer level (Assistant Vice President) that would be a key team member for Control Reporting / Governance and supports Business Strategy & Enablement. This role will entail engaging and working with control senior leadership across regions / Business Groups and Enterprise Functions. Key Responsibilities include:
- Aggregate and publish Control Reports for Business Groups & Enterprise Functions operating in I&P for presentation to Regulators, Board of Directors, I&P Leadership, Ent. Operations Leadership, Control Councils, and other Leadership forums.
- Prepare adhoc presentations / reports for Control Leadership by ensuring contents included in the report are relevant, precise and concise to understand and comprehend.
- Facilitate standardization of control practices across business groups and enterprise functions and provide leading practices to enhance the control environment.
- Provide support in analyzing data, provide thematic views and trends across Control Organization for proactive Governance. Analyze information and identify opportunities for providing value-added information to stakeholders, including enhancing the quality of information, graphical representations, etc.
- Support implementation of Control Target operating Model and Strategic Priorities and initiatives for Control Organization in I&P
- Undertake Control initiatives, identify, assess and mitigate change initiatives across the control organization.
- Interfaces and fosters strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Coordinates with Control teams, Business Groups / Enterprise Functions, Independent Risk Management, Internal Audit, and Regulators on risk and control related topics.
- Proficient knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control management and risk management framework.
- Dynamic individual contributor role with the opportunity to lead projects and mentor less experienced employees.
- Overall experience of 10+ years with 7 years of relevant experience in Banking / Financial Services industry and / or risk & control domains covering Strategy, operational risk, compliance, internal audit, risk management, Governance etc.
- Strong experience in Strategy, Enablement, Governance, Risk and Control fundamentals.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk types, methodologies and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output.
- Skillfully builds constructive and effective relationships. Delivers on commitments and renegotiates when needed. Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Proficient in understanding information and preparation of power point presentations, word documents and excel analytics.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Risk Management Certification Programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of Strategy, Enablement, Governance, Risk and Control management in the financial services industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management, including senior leaders and executives.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
- Broad understanding of businesses of Business Groups and Enterprise Functions within WFIP and their vertical alignment to the Enterprise.
- Good understanding of Risk Management Framework, Enterprise policies and procedures related to Risk & Controls.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.