About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Operations Specialist to support our Back Office and Credit Solutions team in Dublin.
In this role, you will:
- Support the team BAU activities which includes;
- managing all client cash funding ensuring they are in line with the agreed contract amount
- Effect all necessary payments, paying particular attention to individual currency cutoff times
- Confirm and instruct any new CDs with issuing and payment agent
- Create, input/verify transactions/accounting journals as required
- Generate manual journal entries to subsystem and general ledger when required
- Assist in the resolution of Nostro reconciliation breaks and subsequent case Investigation
- Effect all non-system generated payments, as required
- Complete monthly statistic reports and provide to management at the start of each month
- Complete all month end tasks in relation to statements, reconciliation, reporting
- Operations experience
- Operating with a risk mindset
- Payments/SWIFT knowledge & experience is essential
- Experience supporting a Treasury desk an advantage
- A good track record of experience in a similar operations role
- Knowledge of transactional accounting will be considered an advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including work, excel, visio
- Ability to work under pressure and priorities workload
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Teamwork, organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Proactive and self-motivated, eye for detail
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.