About this role:
The applicant will join the CIB Quant Development team to help advance the Equities modeling capabilities. Additionally, we are looking for candidates with programming/development background to support the modeling libraries and work closely with technology to integrate and support them into production.
- Develop Equities quantitative models, implement these models in a cross asset model library, and produce high quality model documents that satisfy model validation and regulatory requests
- Collaborate with and support Front office Trading, Technology Partners, and Model Validation/Governance teams
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within Securities Quantitative Analytics
- Contribute to large-scale departmental planning
- Combine mathematical programming and market expertise to build and generate systematic strategies
- Review and analyze moderately complex business, operational, or technical challenges within Securities Quantitative Analytics that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Use quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems
- Conduct research on trading cost models, liquidity models, risk models, portfolio construction methodology, and signal generation
- Resolve moderately complex issues independently
- Lead team to meet deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of Securities Quantitative Analytics policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a mentor for less experienced staff
- Play an integral role to the trading floor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Securities Quantitative Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A PhD degree in a quantitative/computing discipline, eg Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Front office Derivatives Quant modeling experience, or comparable buy-side quantitative experience in derivatives modeling (preferably in Equity Derivatives).
- Applied knowledge and understanding of stochastic calculus, stochastic processes, and derivatives valuation (preferably as used in Equity Derivatives modeling).
- Applied knowledge and understanding of derivative products numerical solution methods such as; binomial trees, Monte Carlo, and finite difference methods.
- Applied knowledge/experience in C++ and coding in a model library environment with multiple contributors.
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills, and rapid synthesis of information.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Applied knowledge/experience in Python.
- An advanced degree such as Masters or PhD in a quantitative/computing discipline, eg Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Applied knowledge/experience in modeling for Equity Derivatives Structured/Exotic Products.
- Highly driven to take ownership of projects from start to finish.
- The base salary range for this role in NY, NY is $200,000-$200,000
Pay Range$138,500.00 - $287,600.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.