About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Treasury Analyst to join the Liquidity Risk Management Governance team within Corporate Treasury. Liquidity Risk Management professionals are responsible for identifying, measuring, managing, and controlling existing and emerging liquidity risk and reporting to senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators. The Governance team within Liquidity Risk Management provides advisory, analysis, design, reporting and other support for an effective governance and control environment that is compliant with enterprise policies and procedures, including applicable regulatory and reporting requirements. The Governance team supports identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating financial reporting risk exposures, as well as interfaces with internal audit and other oversight partners on control-related matters.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader with strong familiarity with financial institutions and the COSO framework, an excellent communicator and self-starter accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should be able to work independently, be highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborate with managers to identify, assess, and manage issues through the issue lifecycle, including performing and documenting root cause analysis, participating in corrective action plan development, and monitoring and reporting status of work efforts.
- Partner with managers to perform execution of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment program (RCSA) and adhere to Internal Control policies and procedures.
- Lead and influence partnerships with managers and analysts to design and document effective and sustainable regulatory and risk reporting controls, including end-user computing and model risk controls to mitigate risk and comply with applicable policies and regulations.
- Lead implementation of components of the Company’s data management policies and procedures over key liquidity risk and regulatory reporting and disclosures.
- Collaborate with managers and analysts within the group to maintain procedures and control documentation compliant with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Act as primary point of contact for quality assurance, independent testing, internal audit, and other independent reviews by aiding and coordinating with managers and analysts within the group to walk through processes and controls, respond to information requests and questions as well as by assisting with developing a response to feedback, as needed.
- Develop and execute test scripts, as needed, to evaluate design and performance of controls to assess effectiveness and report results to business partners.
- Prepare liquidity risk management reports for the liquidity risk management governing committees and other management teams.
- Prepare additional ad-hoc analyses, business presentations and complete special projects as needed within tight deadlines.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to drive results.
- Comfortable with responsibilities which may evolve over time.
5+ years of Treasury experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
A BS/BA degree or higher in finance, accounting, or economics
5+ years in auditing, internal control management, or control testing experience preferred
Experience performing and documenting root cause analysis
Strong knowledge and practical experience assessing and documenting financial and/or regulatory reporting processes, risks, and controls
Advanced understanding of the COSO framework
Experience with Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA), issue management, and managing changes to processes
Experience with large financial institutions
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to digest and articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
Strong collaboration and partnering skills
Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.