About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,500 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Consumer Data & Engagement Platforms (CDEP) is a multi-disciplinary team that leverages data & analytics to build scalable products & platforms with a strategic focus on building most seamless customer experience & improving financial health of our customers and deepen customer relationships.
About the Role:
We are seeking highly skilled and talented Senior Analytics Consultant who will form part of an agile group of professionals that will work across the Consumer and Small Business core businesses and functions to provide deep analysis and strategic solutions to enable existing and new businesses to develop and expand.
This position will play a key role in the Data analytics, Data research, Data quality and Data management support to facilitate the data& analytics for our Consumer Analytics using the CAP and other system of records databases. The incumbent is expected to be a strong team player who can build strong partnerships with stakeholders and have a solution-oriented mindset in solving complex requirements. Specifically, we are looking for someone with an analytical acumen and ability to define hypothesis & assumptions, lay out data required, gather, and analyze data to provide insights and recommendations. The work will involve developing dynamic business plans and identifying areas for opportunities and growth within each initiative leveraging analytical thinking & rigor to ensure that it correlates back to the overall strategy of the CSBB and the broader enterprise.
In this role, you will:
- Understand the business question & context to create a logical & structured analytical plan for finding insights and communicating the business value.
- Perform data quality checks & validations of data, performing in depth analysis, testing for accuracy, identifying and resolving data issues and perform thorough root cause analysis.
- Perform Trend analysis of the various attributes, review the variances, validate & analyze the data. Highlight any data integrity issues in a proactive manner to the management.
- Create in depth reports and presentations on the businesses initiative and needs and provide the requisite forecasts and expectations as it relates to the desired outcomes.
- Keep studying and staying abreast of new and potential trends in the industry to be able to formulate the end solution with the supporting data
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive the proposed solution -Leveraging the internal data expertise and coupling with industry views
- Working with various LoB heads to understand the data
- Create data visualizations that communicate information effectively
Required Qualifications :
- Degree, diploma or certification in SQL, SAS, Tableau, Hadoop, Python
- 5+ years of experience across data & analytics, Candidate should have good prior experience in database related applications and should be good with all data handling experience
- Candidate should have good expertise on any of following: ThoughtSpot, SQL (advanced SQL is desired), Teradata, Analytical Services (Microsoft), AtScale – OLAP Cube on Hadoop
- Capable of conducting in-depth research of large data (financial & non-financial) using various tools and providing insightful solutions to stakeholders.
- Candidate should ensure faster turnaround time on query handling and ad-hocs if any, with good understanding of change management and its likely impacts and consequences. Provide detailed analysis, trend analysis and high-level recommendations. Should proactively call out for issues / challenges and come out with solutions.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an analytical and creative mindset
- Execution oriented, professional demeanor, self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities.
- Strong SQL and knowledge of relational databases, leveraging tools such as SAS, Python, Tableau, Hive/Hue etc.
- Highly organized and proactive. Should be able to manage tasks in a dynamic environment and deal with multiple priorities.
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills, strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relay technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Good understanding of Banking/ Financial services domain (Consumer Banking/ Wealth & Investment Management)
- Tenacity and persistence to ensure compliance with tight deadlines
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.