About this role:
The CIB Finance - Senior Analytics Consultant will serve as a member of the Data Insights & Analytics Team within the Corporate & Investment Banking line of business of Wells Fargo.
Primary responsibilities include support of standardized BI tools like Power BI, QlikView, Qlik Sense & NPrinting and ad-hoc internal reporting, extensive internal/external data analysis, development and execution of senior management level presentations. Secondary responsibilities include support of key business intelligence/data extraction systems and involvement in ongoing development and enhancement of CIB internal client-facing tools.
In this role, you will:
Work with Finance, Strategy, Data and COO teams, performing the following:
- Execute and distribute standardized reporting to various groups within business group and partner organizations across corporate & investment banking group. Propose, develop and implement additional standardized reporting as needed. Identify and drive projects related to process improvement of existing reporting and analyses.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis as needed; includes analysis and reporting around banker productivity, deal pipeline, credit exposure, market analysis, and human capital initiatives.
- Work with COO and Group heads to prioritize and execute strategic projects as aligned with CIB business needs. Integrate tactical projects into the overall queue as needed. Coordinate resources to ensure successful project delivery.
- Effectively communicate with business partners and other business tool users related to best practices and system enhancements. Field business partner questions regarding reporting and business tools.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners. Liaise and collaborate with external data providers as needed.
- Enhancing sales and operations by running multi stakeholder projects across Markets team (Equities, FX, Rates & Commodities, etc.)
- Leveraging CRM tools and data outputs to interpret and analyze performance by sector and Banker. Playing key role in quarterly/bi-annual key initiatives such as account Planning, client segmentations, client tiering and see takeaways through to completion
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business with a quantitative emphasis and 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling or Undergraduate degree with 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 8+ years prior experience in an internal/external consultative role and/or investment banking/corporate banking support experience is required.
- 4-6 years prior experience in leading small or medium complexity projects, complex or large-scale project participation, experience with matrix managed teams a plus
- Mastery of latest features and functionality of Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, etc. is a must.
- Hands-on work experience in working with large and complex data models and relationships in Power BI.
- Developed Paginated Reports at work for various stake holders with working knowledge of advanced capabilities like Performance tuning, Row level security, Self-service / Personalized visuals capabilities, Forecasting and integrating Python and Power BI.
- Understanding of server-side features and functionality like Data flows, shared datasets, and scheduling.
- Candidates should have a solid mastery of SQL, comfortable in performing ETL tasks using SQL / Python, report/dashboard development using Power BI and Qlik technologies.
- The successful candidate will have a very strong interest in developing both business and technical skills while navigating a dynamic business environment.
- Advanced VBA, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills would be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis is good to have
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases and concepts is a must
- Ability to interact and build relationships with senior leaders, peers and key support partners.
- Ability to work creatively, analytically and independently in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with both business unit (non-technical) and development (technical) personnel.
- Experience documenting processes and reporting workflows
- Strong Individual contributor with excellent communication skills for a variety of audiences (other technical staff, senior management and regulators) both verbally and in writing
- Capability to multi-task and finish work within strict timelines and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Skill in managing relationships with key model stakeholders
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, but being comfortable with not knowing the all the answers
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
- Aptitude for synthesizing data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Shift: 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST (be ready to stretch on business requirement)
- Play the role of an Individual contributor supporting the CIB Analytics team and CIB Businesses
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.