About this role:
The Home Lending Credit Risk team oversees the credit policy and risk management activities for a $1.5T Home Lending portfolio. Home Lending Credit Risk is looking for an experienced Credit Portfolio Consultant to specifically support analysis/reporting of the conforming loans portion of the portfolio. The Credit Portfolio Consultant will be a part of the Acquisition Credit Risk (ACR) team that is geographically split between the US & India and will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing trends for all conforming loans originated by Wells Fargo.
Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills, high degree of initiative, strong partnering and interpersonal skills, solid project/process management skills, as well as critical analytical thinking and SAS coding skills. Qualified candidates must also possess a results driven attitude committed to quality work.
In this role, you will:
- To be effective in this position, you will need a good understanding of credit (ideally from an acquisitions perspective), a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, and be fluent in key technical tools of credit risk decisioning
- Lead complex initiatives related to business analysis and modeling, including those that are cross functional, with broad impact, and act as key participant in data aggregation, monitoring, and reporting of originations performance and portfolio analysis for Risk Analytics
- The incumbent would functionally contribute as an SME to the Credit Risk team for Home Lending
- Translate abstract problem statements into a working hypothesis & test that hypothesis by carrying out analysis based on various facets (such as multi-variate analysis)
- Use statistical analysis on segmentation/clustering or supervised learning. Analysis should be exploratory & diagnostic in nature, rather than descriptive.
- Produce a thorough report along with recommendations & present findings to leadership
- Provide quick and statistically sound diagnostic evaluation of any emerging and unexpected credit
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor. Provide thought leadership where appropriate
Required Qualifications, International:
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 5+ years of experience in credit risk analytics
- 5+ years of advanced programming experience in SAS, R or Python
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong technical skills and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, high degree of initiative, strong partnering and interpersonal skills, as well as critical analytical thinking
- Ability to conduct reconciliation efforts and report findings in support of research activities
- Must possess a results driven attitude committed to quality work.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Flexibility with changing priorities
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Master’s degree in quantitative discipline
- BI tools knowledge
- Experience within the US Home Lending environment
- Familiarity with account/portfolio management within the banking industry
- Demonstrated excellence at developing sound credit processes and enhancing existing processes
- Proficiency with SAS macros and experience in leveraging macros to make processes more efficient
- Knowledge of SQL & data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Understanding of bank data sets and other industry data sources
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.