About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer...
We are looking for seasoned SRE who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems at scale. This role would be an awesome fit for someone with expertise with Infrastructure automation, but also a passion for writing clean and scalable software.
Desired Qualifications:Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Related Field.
- 5+ years of experience in an SRE role, preferably in a hybrid infrastructure & cloud environment.
- Total experience of 10-12 years with proven Technical Expertise with one or more of the following:
- Automation: Ansible, GitHub, Python, Java, Shell, PowerShell
- Observability: Grafana, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kafka, AppDynamics, Splunk
- Work Management: Jira, Confluence
- OS and Platform: Windows, Linux, Kubernetes, PCF
- Hands on experience on Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, IIS Administration.
- 3+ years of Oracle/SQL server experience
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures.
- Exposure and experience in agile development life cycle.
- Good to have skill son middleware support for Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, IIS, WebSphere, Weblogic.
- Nice to have Unix, Weblogic/Tomcat/Jboss/Websphere equivalent experience
- Operations Tools: ServiceNow, Remedy, IBM Netcool
- Resiliency Testing: Gremlin, Chaos Monkey
Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Influence and collaborate across orgs to drive SRE best practices.
- Working with stake holder to define SLIs and SLOs.
- Building dashboards using Graphana and Kibana.
- Identifying and automating the redundant tasks.
- Microsoft IIS, .Net Support experience , Install IIS and Configure the default web site
- Configure and manage application pools, Create additional web sites , Configure web sites and application support
- Secure web sites and applications and data transmission ,Manage certificates in the Centralized Certificate Store
- Configure remote administration, Implement FTP and Monitor IIS , Backup and restore IIS, Build load-balanced web farms.
- Executes Middleware related system activities in for Windows IIS , Participates in implementation of new projects related to Applications Deployment
- Mentoring the junior team members on their journey as an SRE.
- Self-start, lead, and drive initiatives with little to no oversight.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.