About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Technology Business System Consultant to join a team that builds and supports initiatives in General Ledger tools and processes within the Controller’s Division of Enterprise Finance. This role will serve as a liaison between business and technology teams. The immediate team is comprised of US and international employees.
In this role, you will:
- Gather requirements and design processes by direct Interaction with LOB for Business and Accounting Requirements & Documentation of the same in FSD's and DFD’s.
- Provide strong functional oversight from GL and Accounting perspective and lead GL transformation initiatives
- Independently own Subledger product function and provide overall functional oversight to the product enhancement
- Document Functional Setup/Configurations in BR100’s/Configuration Documents.
- Design Accounting Engine Event Models based on analysis of SOR Business Events, Transactions, and their related accounting requirements.
- Support updates to Event Model, configurations for SOR changes, new business/custom events, accounting changes requested by business, new SOR implementations etc.
- Configure/support migration of functional configurations in development, test, and Production instances.
- Trouble-shoot issues related to functional configurations.
- Create Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Data to validate functional configurations; support IFT and UAT testing
- Provide functional inputs to the technical team on Transaction Objects to store key SOR information
- Optimize Event Model and configurations to improve performance
- Investigate system configuration options when developing solutions to meet business requirements; develop strategies to use standard functionality to meet business needs whenever possible
- Collaborate with LOBs, SORs, technical teams on new implementations, functionality enhancements, application updates and performance issues.
- Initiate and manage Service Requests (SRs) with Oracle Support when required.
- Facilitate setup and provide support for downstream systems consuming Transaction and information.
- Monitor/validate several key General Ledger processes; analyze/escalate issues as needed to resolve.
- Communicate delays/outages to end users.
- Maintain internal website that provides General Ledger Tools and Services reference information.
- Partner with LOB to understand upcoming changes to General ledger Tools and Services and advocate for analysis, planning the execution of the solution.
- Document upcoming changes and share with co-workers to ensure team is prepared to provide support.
- Review processes for opportunities to gain efficiencies through automation using PYTHON.
- Work on process improvement & documentation of the same as part of SOP's, Run Books, Play Books.
- Help Release Leads in release planning (Preparation/Update of Gantt Chart, addition of release specific tasks, addition of 24H cycle tasks, Resource Assignment).
- Work with Release Leads on cutover activity planning, coordination, and execution.
- Support Postproduction Activities (if required)
- Performing On Call Activities
- Supporting Monthly and Quarterly Releases
- Triage of PROD Issues & Resolution
- BE/B Tech/MBA/CA/MS in finance and accounting or similar
- 8 to 12 Yrs. of finance/accounting/financial reporting experience
- Accounting, Financial Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong general ledger / Accounting expertise in areas like account analysis, reconciliation, intercompany accounting, consolidation, and financial reporting
- Advanced expertise in GAAP/IFRS and similar accounting standards and regulatory reporting
- Strong experience leading end to general ledger implementation/upgrade projects
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts; strong working knowledge of SQL (i.e., should be able to write SQL queries with Medium to High complexity)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, solid communication and presentation skills, the ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Strong experience working in Agile methodology and JIRA
- Experience in On Premise to Cloud migration/conversion of GL product is a plus
- Advanced level of expertise in Visio, Power Point, Excel, and MS Projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in fast-based team environment
- Working knowledge of PYTHON
- Power BI and Alteryx knowledge
- Proficient in tools: SQL Developer, Toad (HIVE), JIRA, QC/ALM.
- Proven analytical thinking with outstanding problem-solving, decision-making and prioritization skills to achieve results.
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, PySpark etc.
- Exposure to Cloud Product/Technologies: Oracle Fusion, AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, Lambda, Redshift, EMR, Snowflake etc.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.