About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant to join the Accounting Business Unit Support (ABUS) group. This position will be responsible for recording, reviewing, and reconciling financial transactions, as well as preparing and reviewing financial statements.
In this role, you will:
- Provide consultation to more experienced leadership for financial accounting related matters
- Perform complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, developing financial statements and regulatory reports
- Gather and review financial data for financial and regulatory reports
- Review data from the general ledger, unit reports and various financial systems to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and certifications
- Analyze projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with internal controls policies
- Provide functional advice and training to individuals
- Provide support for compliance and risk management requirements
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
2+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BA/BS degree or higher in accounting
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical stills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Alteryx experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (strong understanding of Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- “Participation in an industry group or organization that aligns with Wells Fargo’s support of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.”
Position Available in locations listed only
VISA sponsorship not available for this position
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.