About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management, Control Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education
- Sr. BCM Specialist with 8+ yrs experience is expected to work independently and support functionally to meet the BCM goals and control coverage requirements. The job involves interacting with the GDA managers, onshore partners to understand and analyze the processes, identify risks and controls in the processes, evaluate the controls, prepare, and publish reports to stakeholders in both Wells Fargo India & Philippines and Onshore. Candidate is expected to have strong stakeholder management skills, strong communication skills and project management skills. Should have sound understanding of risk management principles. Be a subject matter expert with respect to Commercial Banking especially focused in Shared Services and Data, Transformation & Sales Enablement Control
- • Responsible for implementing and monitoring control assurance program such as GDA process review, Issue / Incident Management
• Conduct monthly risk connects with Front Line Managers’/Managers/Head of the department
• Be part of transition, and provide control views on the risks associated with the processes being transitioned to GDA locations
• Conduct periodic risk reviews for steady state processes through various risk programs viz., GDA process review, control testing, Conduct periodic Council meetings to discuss concerns/ issues in GDA that require management attention and ensure transparency in reporting
• Manage stakeholders at various levels of hierarchy within I&P and Onshore. Relationship building being a key attribute
• Monitor, track and perform root cause analysis on incidents related to operational internal financial loss, data privacy and near misses assigned portfolio
• Works with assigned business units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk
• Exhibit credible challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the engagement
• Taking information from various formats, compiling the information and placing it into the system of record
• Should be able to drive various projects and engagements independently
• Conduct periodic risk awareness sessions with emphasis on the importance of pro-active risk management across CIB GDA and to enhance the risk culture amongst team members
• Implementation of various risk remediation programs in-line with those of the CIB GDA, to address operational risks that expose the line of business
• Adopt a risk-based approach to monitor and manage business risks and corresponding controls, emerging risks or watch list, and risks related to Business Continuity Planning, End User Computing Tools, etc.
• Participate in various control forums to address risk related to subjects such as, and not limited to, BCP, Mandatory trainings, Required Absence for Sensitive Positions Policy etc.
- University degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- Strong Operational risk domain knowledge/experience
- Good presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in project management
- Experience in Commercial Banking
- Certification in Risk Management such as ORM/FRM/CISA
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.