About this role:
The Securitization Accounting & Investor Reporting Team is responsible for the accounting and external reporting requirements for Treasury securitization programs. This team provides the middle-office and back-office support to Treasury’s funding execution team. These responsibilities include including collateral accounting, daily reconciliations of cash, process and control documentation maintenance, execution of compliance activities and preparation and review of SEC filings
You will work with an outstanding team to identify issues and collaborate on recommended solutions. You will have the opportunity to be involved in progressive project work that spans technology initiatives, automation efforts and accounting guidance changes with exposure to senior management. You will have the opportunity to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced time sensitive environment. You will also coordinate efforts with additional resources in other locations. We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Securitization Accounting & Investor Reporting Team as a Consultant and to support various key work streams.
- Support multiple Treasury accounting functions in their execution on treasury activities including ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely financial data
- Ensure monthly 10-D reporting is executed accurately and in compliance with transaction documents for the securitization book
- Responsible for the REG AB control environment and ensure compliance to regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Assist with various projects and initiatives such as Data Transformation and other current ongoing projects
- Prepare quarterly and annual deliverables such as SEC filings, Investor reporting and regulatory reporting
- Coordinate internal audit review and SOX compliance activities
- Ensure team’s effective and practical implementation of corporate policies, standards, and procedures
- Drive process improvement efforts including identification of areas of opportunity and execution of refinements to existing processes
- Identify and communicate dependencies in process and appropriately escalate risk and concerns to leadership
- Ability to effectively prioritize team responsibilities and manage multiple tasks in a changing environment within tight deadlines on an ongoing basis
Position available in locations posted only
VISA sponsorship not available
- 2+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst designation
- 2+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience in reconciling and reporting daily cash movements for securitized assets
- Experience in executing REG AB compliance testing
- Experience in reviews of public securities offering and servicing documents
- Experience in SEC reporting for securitizations (Forms 10-D, 8-K, 10-K)
- Experience in preparing Investor reports
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to strategically analyze data and diagnose opportunities and interventions
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Microsoft Visio experience
- Experience with ABS Suite application
- SQL experience
- Ability to re-engineer accounting and reporting processes to gain efficiencies and to enhance controls
- Ability to define, implement, and manage best practice processes that support sound data management operations (i.e. testing, data analysis, metadata, reconciliation)
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of complex business problems
- “Participation in an industry group or organization that aligns with Wells Fargo’s support of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.”
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.