About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Data Entry Operator. This position is the first step in a rewarding career in financial services. You'll learn about payment processing, and the financial services industry. Lockbox is a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline driven production environment working behind the scenes with little, if any, customer contact.
In this role you'll be performing general clerical operations tasks that are routine and/or repetitive in nature. As a Data Entry Operator, you will be reviewing, sorting, and keying information into a proprietary processing system while verifying or matching data on documents; performing data entry tasks and routine math calculations. Other duties may include opening, receiving, logging, batching, scanning, preparing and distributing incoming and/or outgoing mail. You will work under close supervision following established procedures.
The successful Data Entry Operator will demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, and basic computer knowledge. They have the desire and motivation to constantly improve their ability to perform each function quickly and accurately. The working environment is fun with a casual dress code in a highly secure facility.
In this role, you will:
- Perform general clerical operations tasks that are routine in nature
- Receive, log, batch, and distribute work
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Regularly receive direction from supervisor and escalate questions and issues to more experienced roles
- Work under close supervision following established procedures
- Open and prepare incoming payments for processing Prep and dispatch outbound packages Miscellaneous mail duties Sort and stage incoming mail
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of operations support experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong data entry, attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Lockbox experience
- 10-key numerical data entry experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed based on business needs
- Schedule flexibility to work banking holidays as needed based on business needs
- Be adaptable to schedule changes based on business needs
- Ability to lift 10+ pounds
- 7am- until work is completed
- Sunday – Friday (open ended shift)
- Saturday’s off
- 1 day off per week (Typically Thursday’s)
- Must be able to work on site (not remote eligible)
- Must be willing to work overtime and banking holidays
- 3440 E. Flair Drive, El Monte, CA
Pay Range$20.00 - $22.84 Hourly
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.