About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Operational Risk Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Provide oversight to Transaction Processing & Execution Risk Oversight & monitoring program. Works with the most complex business units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines. Evaluates various Enterprise Risk program adequacy and effectiveness. Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change. Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the development of training materials and coordinates or delivers training. Reports findings and develops business cases to influence executive management or management committee member/head of business on the need for controls to mitigate risk.Manage and develop an Operational Risk team of individual contributors and managers in roles with moderate complexity and risk
- Engage and influence stakeholders, internal partners, and Compensation peers associated with Compensation functional area or who are affected by its outcomes
- Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of a risk-based program for a business or large functional area with moderate to high risk to identify, assess, and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events
- Maintain a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Establish and assure execution of operational risk programs companywide with considerable risk and multiple regulatory environments
- Provide operational risk expertise and consulting to complex business units for initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines
- Consult with and influence executive leadership, operational risk, and business management to identify, formulate, and implement operational risk policies, procedures and controls
- Ensure reporting, escalation, and remediation of issues, deficiencies, or regulatory matters regarding operational risk to leaders, committees, and appropriate business management
- Lead initiatives that cross multiple lines of business in scope with significant impact and risk
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced leaders
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Manage communication and collaboration with business heads, Legal, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Operational Risk
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 18+ years of experience in Risk & Compliance, operational risk management (includes Transaction Risk or audit, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; of which 10+ years Operational Risk management.
- Industry certifications such as CPA, CIA, OR CA preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to draw conclusions and translate findings from complex data
- Experience gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while prioritizing work and balancing multiple priorities
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organization levels, where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability are important
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and creative problem solving techniques
- Experience in reporting and Insights
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous monitoring tools/detection tools/controls/processes, and ability to identify emerging fraud risks and offer mitigations recommendations
- Experience with Risk Appetite Metric and Key Indicator programs
- Experience with Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process
- Experience with Operational Risk Event (ORE) assessment process
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Identification (ERIA) assessment process
- Experience with Tableau and other visualization tools, with the ability to incorporate a visual data story into an actionable narrative for executive audience
- Experience with Data Analytics and query tools
- Knowledge of SHRP and other risk systems
- Background in establishing and managing training programs
- Ability to review and develop work plans and effectively summarize results
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.