About this role:
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for completing tasks primarily that support the Operations team located in Shanghai, which will involve preparation of daily tasks including but not limited to cash allocations, reviewing of automated invoice rejection queue and taking accountability of the more complex issues and processes, from receipt of work to resolution and closure.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojob.com.
In this role, you will:
- Preparation of inbound cash payments for completion by the Processing Team, this will require logging into various online banking portals, downloading bank statements and preparing documentation for completion of validation and sanction screening as required
- This role will also provide back up to review the validation and screening process as required by the APAC Processing Team Manager
- Responsible for reviewing EDI rejection queues and actioning as per policy and procedure, which may include liaising with the customer(s) and internal stakeholders, such as Account Managers and Commercial Team
- Timely escalation of any issues or concerns directly to APAC Cash Desk & Processing Manager
- Collaborating with team, including but not limited to the Operations team to work through and resolve any issues. The expectation is that you take ownership to resolve those that are assigned to you, providing regular updates until successfully resolved
- To complete all reconciliation and reporting as required
- Provide support and guidance to junior team members, to help build their knowledge and experience within the APAC Processing Team
- To provide back up support to other team members within Operations as required
- Be responsible for reviewing current risk and controls within current processes to ensure they are effective and identify areas for improvement that are communicated effectively to the APAC Cash Desk & Processing Manager. To talk responsibility and ownership to implement the required changes
- Work with the APAC Operations Management team to support the development and implementation of all projects, including but not limited to testing of internal and external systems
- Work with APAC Operations leadership team to develop and deliver training to other team members
- Through collaboration identify process improvements that are aimed at driving efficiency within the broader APAC team. Clearly articulate findings to the leadership team, and work closely to ensure their effective implementation
- 6+ months of operations support experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A requirement of the role is to be fluent in Mandarin and English, both written and verbal
- At least 2 years’ experience gained in a banking environment or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- Ability to work in a high functioning positive team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to timelines, with minimal supervision
- High degree of accuracy, and attention to detail are required
- Experience of working in a pan-Asia or global company would be beneficial
- Flexibility of work to support different country requirements, including shift work and leave schedule
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.