About this Role:
Consumer Technology is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be part of an Agile team modernizing the Rewards Platform
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 4+ years of JAVA engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in microservices development
- 3+ years of cloud experience such as PCF, OpenShift, GCP, AWS and Azure
- 2+ years of experience in Kafka
- 2 + years of experience in 12-factor and Cloud Native patterns
- 2+ years of experience with Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: such as Junit, TestNG, Selenium, Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
- 2+ years of enterprise experience with CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions
- 1+ year of experience with performance tuning, profiling complex Java application and knowledge of Java memory model
- 2+ years of experience with database platforms like Mongo, Oracle DB
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to translate complex technical needs into straightforward requests for information and collaboration, working with a wide range of people
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong analytical background
- Must have the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Must be able to interface with architects, infrastructure groups and Line of Business project technical staff
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
Technical Skill Set
Java, Springboot, Mongo DB, Micro Services, Design patterns, Kafka, GCP/Azure Public cloud containerization, Docker/K8s. E2E Solutioning and architecture, CI/CD orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, uDeploy, unit, TestNG, Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.