About the Role (Role Outline):
Wells Fargo is seeking for Senior Credit Risk Officers for the Credit Risk department within Corporate Risk to provide senior credit officers, Chief Risk Officer (CROs), the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) and various other business partners with insights into the Wholesale credit portfolio and a proactive, forward-looking in-depth analysis in support of concentrations and limits management, emerging risk identification and impact quantification, portfolio performance forecasting, loss mitigation, and capital optimization.
- Support complex initiatives including those that are cross-functional with broad impact and act as key participant in driving the company credit culture, desire, and business performance for Credit Risk
- Review and analyze complex strategies, programs and policies with a direct and significant impact on credit risk appetite and culture
- Monitor portfolio, financial, market and economic data and assess the impact to credit fundamentals
- Develop and deploy analytical tools to identify, analyze and monitor single name, sector, concentration, and portfolio risks
- Monitor, assess and report on asset quality, portfolio trends and credit policy exception trends
- Identify emerging credit risks and correlated risk pools that could potentially impact earnings and capital. Develop risk mitigating strategies in partnership with CRO organizations.
- Develop and implement Business As Usual (BAU) stress testing procedures that inform risk identification and risk appetite
- Provide credible challenge of line of business credit products, programs, and policies
- Support the Business Loss Forecast (BLF), Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) processes, credit migration management, and concentration management with credit research
- Provide key stakeholders with subject matter expertise and reliable, transparent analysis and reporting
- Work closely with the US partners on daily basis, interacting closely with multiple business partners and program managers
- Work independently, foster a culture of healthy and efficient working for the team
- Develop specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications
- Apply knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Have the ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
- 4+ years of related experience preferably to include credit risk, markets, credit research or portfolio management
- Ability to assess the quality of lending and ongoing management of credit risk within the Bank, including adherence to risk appetite, credit policy and regulations
- Strong commercial credit analysis skillset
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of debt markets, debt instruments and commercial loan products
- Experience with corporate credit relative value and market-based pricing a plus
- Masters degree or higher in finance, accounting, business or quantitative discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.