About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Institutional Investment Operations Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Assist in lifecycle support for institutional trade flow
- Manage client account onboarding, cash payments, customer service, funding operations, custodial operations, securities settlement services, structured loan operations, general ledger reconciliation, as well as, work to resolve confirmation and ISDA related issues
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives and deliverables
- Contribute to large scale planning related to process, procedures and efficiencies with internal and industry related initiatives
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development
- Provide leadership to bring groups together to resolve multi-faceted complex issues
- Serve as a leader on projects along with internal and industry related initiatives
- Review and analyze complex functional and operational tasks that require in-depth evaluation
- Exercise independent judgment and resolution to guide the deliverable
- Resolve moderately complex issues
- Lead team to meet functional area projects, and process deliverables
- Leverage solid understanding of functions, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Mentor and assist analysts
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- MBA or an advanced degree (or equivalent experience).
- 10+ years FX Settlements experience with a top-tier bank, including 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Good understanding about OPICS, Bswift, SWIFT and other industry standard applications
- Strategic thinking and good business judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with business partners and other support functions.
- Comfortable to work in matrix organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver on commitments.
- Must be a team player with a high degree of flexibility, working in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment including shifts (majorly supporting US business)
- Excellent presentation skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, should be comfortable dealing with senior management.
- Proactive control and risk management, addressing gaps in processes and escalating issues to benefit the business and clients in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to successfully influence many different groups and individuals to deliver high quality and timely deliverables.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working with senior leaders straddling across Technology, Operations and Strategy in partnership with global teams.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.