About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Financial Risk Officer that will be an individual contributor role on the Finance Risk Management (FRM) – Liquidity Risk Oversight (LRO) Team reporting to the Financial Risk Senior Manager. This will be a high visibility role requiring regular interactions with senior leaders across Liquidity Risk Management, Liquidity Management-Capital Markets, Corporate Risk, and Internal Audit. This individual will be responsible for liquidity risk oversight of compliance with rules and regulations applicable to Liquidity Management (e.g., Regulation YY), Contingency Funding Planning, Recovery and Resolution Planning and other Liquidity Risk management areas as necessary.
In this role, you will:
The individual will contribute to oversight in multiple areas, to include but not limited to, the following:
- Own and coordinate the periodic assessment of the Liquidity Risk management compliance with relevant Rules and Regulations (e.g., Regulation YY):
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments and agree on the issues with the stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project plan for periodic deep dive reviews of the components of the Liquidity Risk Management.
- Partner with SMEs in the Treasury and Risk to complete credible review and challenge.
- Complete and own the documentation evidencing the reviews.
- Play a key role in the risk oversight of Contingency Funding Planning and Recovery and Resolution Planning.
- Conduct the review and challenge of the assumptions used for Recovery and Resolution plans.
- Be a resource for executive, ad-hoc requests to coordinate pulling information together into a presentation format, drafting initial commentary, and taken direction from the FRM-LRO leadership team.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Financial Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: liquidity risk, finance/treasury/asset liability management.
- Experience in bank liquidity and/or capital analysis including stress test scenarios.
- Experience in bank regulatory matters, in depth knowledge of Liquidity Risk rules and regulations like regulation YY and others.
- Working knowledge of liquidity risk management concepts.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in banking and finance.
- Proven ability to foster constructive relationships with various levels of management.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive in terms of identifying and addressing risk and management issues that are arising.
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment.
- Demonstrated success leading & implementing projects.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills.
- SQL, SAS, or similar database experience is a plus.
- Ability to work at one of the approved locations in the job posting.
- Preferred location(s) listed. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo Corporate Risk employees.
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule.
- 150 East 42nd Street, New York, New York
- 401 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina
- New York, New York: $133,300.00 - $237,100.00, Annually
Pay Range$111,100.00 - $237,100.00
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.