About the Role
Provide hands-on Level 1 & 2 application support (16X7) as part of a team across our entire global footprint including APAC, EMEA and America locations.
• Providing support for complex technical issues and initiatives related to assigned applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services
• To maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to system
• Troubleshoots hardware and software issues using general guidelines, templates or direction from others
• Writing and updating documentation and procedures
• Participating in migrations from development to production, upgrades, installations and/or configurations of systems
• Ability to identify the Toil/Process improvements and work towards addressing them as part of day-to-day activities.
• The ability to operate using own initiative in working towards key delivery schedules
• The flexibility to work outside of normal working hours to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ yrs of hands-on IT experience in Supporting Complex Windows/Linux environment web-based Java/.NET enterprise applications.
- Good understanding on Mongo DB and sql server, Camunda platform.
- Writing SQL Queries for fault diagnostics, resolution or Change controls
- Production Application Support including customer issues investigation and resolution.
- Should be able to handle Change Requests and be able to deploy the application in Production/non-production environments.
- A good working knowledge of Application servers and shell scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with US partners directly
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills including debugging skills
- Participating in testing and updating the business continuity plan
- The flexibility to work in ad-hoc shifts when required.
- Support coverage during weekends
- The ability to understand team dynamics and use interpersonal skills and personal judgment to achieve goals
-Unix shell Scripting or any other scripting language
- ServiceNow, CA7 Autosys
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.