About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Independent Testing Specialist. This role is in the Chief Operating Office (COO) Testing team. The Independent Testing & Validation team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies
- The Remediation Validation (RV) team within IT&V is responsible for performing validation testing of customer remediation activity executed by the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence (CR COE). The Remediation Validation Senior Independent Testing Specialist is responsible for performing validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to address issues or remediation activities to address customer impacts. The Senior Independent Testing Specialist will be responsible for completing timely and high-quality validation activities, as well as, for identifying issues, validation concerns, and observations, recommending corrective actions, presenting results of validation reviews, interfacing with business partners, and writing reports. Additionally, in this role, you will:
- Executes review activities in an effective manner, including leading high risk and/or complex operational process review in a matrixed environment, and communicates identified issues/findings to management and other interested parties.
- Completes review activities on an accelerated schedule, raising schedule delays as needed while looking for opportunities to remediate schedule issues.
- Leads and supports efforts to challenge risks in processes and evaluate and/or test controls designed to mitigate those risks, including evaluation of control design and operating effectiveness, if applicable.
- Escalates any potential issues discovered during the completion of review activities. Identifies potential corrective actions and follows through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
- Completes all testing and documentation under limited supervision and appropriately retains all work papers (testing schedule, templates, work-papers, deferrals, deviations, etc.).
- Provides consultation and subject matter expertise including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts, if applicable.
- Documents test results and any issues identified while also providing recommendations to management, including identifying compensating controls and residual risk to issues identified.
- Executing the testing of design and performance for RCSA based controls.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with key stakeholders
- Proactively engaging business partners to kick-off testing and lead ongoing meetings with moderate supervision.
- Proactively communicating issues to stakeholders.
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V management and Front-Line Units.
- Providing Credible Challenge to the First Line Units as needed.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business.
Required Qualifications, International:
- University degree in Business or related discipline
- Total 6+ years’ experience out of which a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in risk management (includes control testing, issue identification and validation, compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, internal audit, business process management)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Specialized knowledge or prior control testing or review experience
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience testing policy, procedures, control and business process testing
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance, control, and business process testing
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to prepare reports and present to executives
- Lead, plan, and complete testing within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Effectively communicate the testing or validation process, status, and results to business and risk partners
- Write and/or review reports or presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing or validation activities
- Consult on and lead the implementation of initiatives
- Effectively communicate with IT&V Leadership and escalate validation concerns or issues as appropriate
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements
- Complete assigned activities in accordance with established processes and procedures under limited supervision
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations to IT&V Leadership as needed.
- Actively participate in learning & development opportunities to ensure the use of best-in-class processes and procedures
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V Leadership
- Assist in managing change to ensure an effective risk management program
- Mentor and coach Associates
- Foster relationships with team and collaborate across other all T&V teams effectively
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.