Market Job Title / Designation: Lead Independent Testing Officer
About Wells Fargo :
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Independent Testing & Validation (IT&V) is part of Wells Fargo’s second line of defense and is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework. Testing & Validation teams provide independent, comprehensive operational risk and compliance control testing as well as targeted/emerging risk reviews and issue validation.
About the Role
This role is in the COO / CRV / CRT team within IT&V group as a part of the Chief Operating Office Testing team. The Independent Testing & Validation team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
Responsibilities of the Lead Officer role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead complex initiatives executing moderate to high risk or complex review activities and engagements in a matrixed environment
- Develop and design methodologies and standards for review activities across the enterprise in alignment with the risk management framework
- Review and research complex development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities companywide in alignment with the risk management framework
- Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks and controls
- Make decisions in complex situations requiring solid understanding of risk management framework and the risk and control environment that influence and lead enterprise testing to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies to resolve risk related topics
- Lead project teams and mentor individuals
- Leading and supporting execution of design and operating effectiveness control testing for RCSA (Risk & Control Self-Assessment) based controls.
- Proactively engaging business partners to kick-off testing and lead ongoing meetings with minimum supervision.
- Documenting test results and any issues identified while also providing and communicating recommendations to management, compensating controls and residual risks.
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements, including automation opportunities pertaining to metrics and reporting.
- Reviewing and interpreting new and revised corporate and ITV policies and procedures and assess impacts.
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V management and Front Line Units.
- Providing credible challenge to business and senior leader stakeholders as needed.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business, other second and third line functions, and IT&V functions.
- Monitoring metrics and associated data to identify and escalate potential issues and providing recommendations for resolution to ensure optimal performance
- Lead initiatives of Data analytics with knowledge of Power BI, SAS, Tableau (Preferred)
- Post graduate degree in Business or in a related discipline
- Overall experience of 13+ years of which 10+ years of relevant experience in risk management (includes control testing, compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, internal audit, business process management)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance, control, and business process testing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry, including compliance, risk management, and/or audit operations
- Strong ability to obtain, validate, research, trend, and analyze data.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy. Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Knowledge of analytics and presentation tools such as Tableau, SAS, Power BI etc.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
Other desired Experience and Qualification :
- Minimum 4 years at Big Four or super regional public accounting firms or Financial industry with experience in business process, regulatory, audit and/or advisory/consulting services
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and other key stakeholders. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues where necessary
- One or more of the following certifications will be add on:
- Chartered Accountant (C.A)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.