Department Overview - Human Resources develops and implements our “team members, candidates, and operational” strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice. Our foundational success is based on the ability to operate efficiently, attract, retain, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
About the Role
Wells Fargo is seeking an Senior Analytics Consultant in People Analytics team
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for participating in a cross functional/virtual team to strategize, plan and execute programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk.
- Executing on the full lifecycle of projects including building requirements with business partners, managing the project, data acquisition, problem-solving skills, utilizing appropriate analytical approaches, presentation design and build along with written and verbal presentation to business partners.
- Proactively partner collaborate across the larger People Analytics team to provide seamless consulting and reporting services to our partners.
- Partner with clients through proactive communication taking time to understand business needs in order to define issues and information needs and translates them into specific data requirements to support self-service reporting solutions through standard business requirements documentation.
- Integrate best practices with knowledge of data, business, customers, and/or products/services/processes to “tell a story” in a form of reports/dashboards.
- Drive a data culture through development of skills specific to data modeling, SQL, Tableau to ensure technical expertise to solve business problems efficiently.
- Proactively manage data gaps/accuracy, while ensuring the integrity of analysis through rigorous attention to detail and validation in data, in reporting self-service tools with technology partner through a collaborative and agile approach.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement strategies in partnership with technology to enable improved data access to drive effective and efficient reporting processes to drive business success.
- Deliver products through a standard security and risk model developed in partnership with Data Governance.
- Understand how to navigate/mine multiple data environments necessary to perform complex analyses and understand the why/where/how WF stores data in order to retrieve accurate information.
Market Skills and Certifications :
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Post Graduate (MBA or equivalent)
Unique Knowledge / Skill requirement
- 6 years of hands-on experience in reporting and data analysis using Oracle database
- 5+ years of writing advance SQL experience
- 5+ years of Oracle database experience
- 4+ years of data modeling experience
- 4+ years of Advance Tableau experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of data research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions and translate findings from data
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Operating Environment/ Operational Management
• Being able to adapt to change
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment and is able to work effectively with teams in remote locations
• Comfortable in a virtual environment, e.g. conference calls and webinars
• Bring a culture of operational excellence and enhancements
• Good team player
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrate strong presentation skills
• Engage with cross culture team members and stake holders
• Engagement and work with multiple senior management stakeholders
Required Technical Skills:
• Languages: Advance Oracle SQL
• Applications: MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), VBA , OBIEE
• Database: Oracle
• OS: MS Windows
• Tableau certification
- HR domain
@RWF23 - Please note that "RWF" is an identifier for internal recruiting purposes only and has no connection to the nature or responsibilities of the job
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.