About this role:
Wells Fargo has committed to hire military personnel and is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer responsible for one of Wells Fargo’s on premises hosting environments. This role covers jobs which design, build, enhance, and integrate the technology infrastructure required to support various platforms and Wells Fargo's business portfolio. It is also a governing focal point for all site activities, ensuring site integrity and systems availability through the enforcement of corporate security and governance policies, information processing facility specifications, technology standards, processes, and disciplines. Provides proactive identification of risk and the creation and execution of risk remediation plans. Provide the appropriate leadership necessary to optimize and efficiently manage a hosting environment according to business goals and objectives. Inspires the cooperation and confidence of others and effectively uses power and influence to ensure quality support, solid controls, facility stability, uncompromised service delivery and strategic focus.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in high level technical concepts spanning technology and business
- Develop specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design, and test solutions
- Contribute to the testing of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements
- Drive solutions to reduce recovery
- Review and analyze solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs using Agile development practices
- Design complex system upgrades
- Resolve troublesome trends as they develop
- Develop a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring
- Direct the daily risk and control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 4+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of experience working in managed services as demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 3 + years of data center or critical facilities experience
- Previous experience as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States or current experience as a member of the reserve components of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Experience supporting technology at an enterprise-level Ability to interact effectively at varying levels of the business and technical organizations, including management.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with server, storage, mainframe, and network hardware
- Proficiency with Layer 1 Infrastructure Design
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations (space, power, cooling and network)
- Precise attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Focus on strong risk management in critical environments
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of IPv4 & IPv6 subnetting and VLAN technologies to perform FQDN generation and assignments
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Boots to Banking Hires are expected to attend and participate in the Military Orientation and Onboarding Experience.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.