About the Role
This role supports execution of models used for estimation of counterparty risk of central counterparties (CCP’s) for reporting in the U.S. Federal RQAeserve Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review and for BAU risk management.
The role includes data infrastructure construction and maintenance, design and execution of procedures and controls to ensure correct model data input and output, monitoring of model performance and troubleshooting unexpected results, ongoing development of libraries to support continuous model improvement in response to changing financial markets and regulations, liaising with onshore partners, working in collaboration and strong partnership with model developers and various other stakeholders.
This position joins a high functioning, high profile team and requires strong programming, analytic, organizational and prioritization skills coupled with strong attention to detail. This role is highly dynamic and will require critical thinking and a tactical approach to problem solving.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Data infrastructure construction and maintenance
- Design and execution of procedures and controls to ensure correct model data input and output
- Monitoring of model performance and troubleshooting unexpected results
- Model testing, library development, and system implementation
- Working in close partnership with model developers, model users, risk technology and other stakeholders
Essential qualifications/ Market skill set:
- 3+ years of quantitative / data analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics or computer science
- Strong analytical/quantitative problem-solving skills
- Python programming and database experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial products and financial modeling.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver results with speed and agility.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Education/experience in quantitative areas
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge in financial products and market and/or counterparty risk
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.