About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Chief Operating Office (COO) organization for 2024 development program opportunities. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
Development Program Overview:
The COO Early Talent program encompasses three pathways to learn and support COO functions to help create and manage processes while growing your expertise:
- COO Control Management
- COO Operations*
- Wholesale Operations: Wealth & Investment Management, Corporate & Investment Banking, and Wholesale Lending
- Shared Services Operations: Payments Operations, Business Process Management, Business Real Estate Services, Utilities, and Shared Services Chief of Staff Group
- Consumer Operations: Home Lending, Consumer & Small Business Banking, and Cards & Personal Lending Group
- COO Business Services
- Chief Administrative Office (CAO)
- Regulatory and Policy Affairs (RAPA)
- Risk Transformation and Execution
- Sales Practice and Conduct Management
- Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Chief Operating Office (COO)
*Through this job requisition, we are specifically hiring for the COO Operations Development Program. Eligible applicants will have an opportunity to learn more about the listed internship opportunities and interview for programs based on interest and availability.
The 2024 Operations Development Program is ideal for recent undergraduates interested in working in a collaborative environment focused on personal and professional development. Program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial services industry while working as full-time team members within a strategically selected set of roles within Operations.
As part of the program, participants receive a comprehensive two-year development experience that includes intensive deep-dive sessions focusing on our key businesses, group project work, coaching and mentoring, and exposure to key leaders. Professional development during the program centers on developing communication and presentation skills, product and market educational sessions, personal branding and awareness, and project team assignments to support strategic initiatives.
The COO Operations Development Program includes opportunities in the businesses listed below, highlighting the variety of Operations functions at Wells Fargo.
- Wealth & Investment Management (WIM)
- Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB)
- Wholesale Lending (WLO)
- Cards & Personal Lending Group (Cards & PLG)
- Shared Services Chief of Staff Group
- Business and Real Estate Services (BRES)
- Payments Operations
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSBBO)
- Home Lending
After completion of the Operations Development Program, participants may continue in the group they were hired in. There is an expectation that participants stay in the program for the duration of the two year program.
In this role you will:
- Maintain daily contact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, team members, individual contributors and vendors.
- Provide customer service to clients and internal team members as necessary.
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
- Partner alongside various operations team on daily functions and responsibilities, may include, but not limited to:
- Client Onboarding & Account Maintenance
- Collection, maintenance, reinvestment and disbursement of funds
- Trade Processing, P&L production and analysis
- Supporting daily settlement functions which include payment affirmation, settlement and exception resolution
- Contribute to business process modeling to enhance operational design processes
- Create presentations, and visuals to assist with documenting business requirements
- Participate in new technology upgrades and testing of system enhancements
- Compile and analyze metrics to identify trends, efficiencies, and potential control opportunities
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span.
- Share ideas and suggestions to improve day to day processes
- Apply knowledge of the business and process engineering discipline to optimize business performance
Ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
Program Duration: Full-time, 2 years. Start Date: July 2024.
Program Locations : The position locations are determined by business need and are tied to the business function; they are not flexible. Most positions are aligned with our Headquarters locations: St. Louis, MO, Charlotte, NC, and Minneapolis, MN. Applicants are encouraged to be open to relocation, for which a small stipend is provided.
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Desired Qualif ications:
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2023 – June 2024
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a collaborative, change driven environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English or related field. All majors are welcome.
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.