About the role
The Consumer Lending Credit team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. The team is seeking a leader for the Unsecured Lending Credit Risk team.
A highly motivated and talented risk manager who loves to solve business questions, is able to think out-side-of-the-box and develop innovative yet practical risk management strategies, impacting the bottom line of the business applying advanced analytical and data-driven skills and strong business knowledge. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented, and enjoys a fast-paced working environment will find this opportunity both challenging and exciting.
- Lead the India team supporting all Unsecured Lending, including Consumer Credit Cards, Cobrand Cards, Business Cards, Private label Cards and Personal Loans portfolios. India team development including driving hiring, training, development and retaining of strong analytical capabilities for the analysts. Manages a team of Managers, and Consultants in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- Lead the credit risk team which includes life-cycle strategy teams on acquisitions, collections and account management, application fraud risk, credit estimation and business loss forecasting transformation, data and reporting, and risk decision infrastructure functions.
- Lead the multidisciplinary team to deliver best in class credit risk management practices to enhance the credit risk framework, executing on key initiatives and processes across products and lines of businesses. Lead strategic initiatives and process for the business through conceptualizing, developing, and deploying advanced analytical solutions in a high performing environment.
- Provide credit risk governance and oversight driving credit culture, risk appetite and business performance. Act as a technical expert and Advise and counsel executive leadership on highly complex issues.
- Leverage advanced predictive analytics, and expert knowledge of credit risk mitigation tools and techniques to detect and mitigate existing and upcoming risks in the portfolio. Establish effective policies, processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Drive continued exploration of innovative analytic techniques, process, and tools to facilitate adoption of latest industry advancements. Partner closely with product/marketing, system & technology, finance, compliance and other business areas to develop risk criteria and propose new strategies
- Design, develop and manage an efficient interaction model for this multidisciplinary team to ensure consistent delivery across the functional teams. Develop the necessary structure to manage the growing needs of the business while increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the teams.
- Communicate effectively with Sr. Management and stakeholders across all areas of the organization. Lead organization wide initiatives.
- To be effective in this position, you will need to have a deep understanding of credit from an acquisitions perspective, a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, practice in the test and learn discipline for strategy development, and be fluent in both the key technical tools of credit risk decisioning and sound credit judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 15+ years of progressive experience in risk or analytics
- 10+ years of credit risk experience in cards/unsecured lending
- 8+ years of management experience leading sizeable teams of analysts and managers
- Strong Credit Risk analytics skills and comprehensive understanding of cards P&L and risk drivers
- Direct experience in most of the following areas: credit risk, fraud risk, portfolio analytics, loss forecasting, product analytics, cobrand and partnership cards.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other analytical techniques.
- Ability to lead project teams and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card or consumer lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements, financial cash flow / NPV model analysis
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.