About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
Experience working with risk management framework in Wealth Management, Asset Management and or securities industry
• Excellent technical, analytical and, communication skills. Must be effective with both individual contributors and senior management
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and results orientation
• Ability to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization
• Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
• Understanding of best-practice risk management techniques across financial services industry
• Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and understanding of how they are implemented, managed and enforced
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function
• Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
• Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
• Proven ability to build and lead high performing control risk management organization in a matrixed environment, ensure proper staffing and expertise exists and can coach and enable others in risk management and risk ownership
• Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary
• Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
• High proficiency in Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Perform reviews on transitions per Transition Framework, Controls opinion/acknowledgement, Second-line engagements etc.
- Support functionally to meet the BCM goals and control coverage requirements. The job involves interacting with the business group managers, onshore/offshore partners to understand and analyze the processes, identify risks and controls in the processes, evaluate the controls, End to End Issue Management support Business and publish various reports to stakeholders. Should have sound understanding of risk management principles and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate control coverage is provided for the assigned business group, be a strong partner for business group to identify risk, control gaps and help to remediate any issues.
- Timely update, report and escalate of issues. Closely work with GDAs to identify, assess and mitigate deficient controls / control gaps or risks identified in the processes Partner with BG/EF to facilitate issues partners throughout the issue lifecycle including Root cause identification, Corrective action development and RCSA alignment.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.Assist for control forums and provide necessary reporting for the assigned business group which includes report & escalate issues, key risks, control gaps, corrective actions, OREs and align them to the respective onshore Risk and Control Committees. Subject matter expert with respect to aligned lines of businesses.
During the recruiting process you may be considered for a role based on your expertise in a particular Control LOB. Additionally, each business has a specific location strategy, therefore your candidacy may be determined based on your current location. Remote work locations are not available for these roles, so if you are not in a location listed on the posting, you must commit to relocation within an agreed upon timeframe.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.