About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Crimes Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in complex initiatives and identify opportunity for process improvements within scope of responsibilities
- Perform risk assessment and modeling to provide input and recommendations for financial crimes strategies and models
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Conduct data and onsite reviews, review findings, determine risk level and recommend fraud prevention strategies
- Review and assess business, operational, or technical assignments or challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives, and exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables
- Perform investigative research, root cause evaluation and consulting regarding complex financial crimes transactions, policy violations and suspicious situations with moderate to high risk
- Perform detailed examination to detect transactional and relationship patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes across multiple businesses or products
- Act as an escalation point for more complex cases
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing full knowledge proficiency in the function, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Take action on control failures in bank processes and procedures
- Represent organization in handling court appearances, depositions, mediations, and arbitrations
- Collaborate and consult with associates on all levels
- Lead, participate in and provide support for projects and initiatives
- Provide input to development and delivery of a wide range of individual education for financial crimes awareness
- Prepare documentation and refer cases for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations and Suspected Financial Abuse, reports to government agencies and makes recommendations to management
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.