Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
Reporting into the Markets APAC Chief Operating Officer (“COO”), this position will serve as the Markets APAC COO Controls Execution Team Member (Business Execution Consultant) for the Markets business in the region. The role will monitor, manage, report on and / or execute the controls run directly within the front line. The candidate can be expected to be involved in such topics as front office team member on-boarding / off-boarding, new products and licenses, regulatory reforms, audits, remediation, process and control mapping exercises etc. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
This role has significant scope to grow as it will require a grounds up development of the function and associated responsibilities. Success in this role centers on being proactive, detail and quality focused and not settling for the status quo. The role will need to independently establish close partnerships with all desks and logistics & control functions, both locally and abroad, in order to ensure an effective operating environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, support and / or drive the implementation and running of controls within the Markets APAC business.
- In partnership with Business Control and the Second Line, establish controls, ensuring scope, requirements, priorities and practicalities are understood amongst all groups.
- Proactively identify and lead control and process improvement opportunities across the desks / entities.
- In collaboration with the other support partners, establish an effective key risk and performance indicator management reporting framework for regular review with management.
- Inventory and monitor the integrity of the controls run within the front line and ensure associated procedures are up to date and of a very high quality.
- Periodically train sales, trading and structuring in the execution of new / legacy controls that need to be run directly on the desks as well as issue periodic reminders on key topics.
- Rationalize and reform the existing front office procedure manuals to ensure they are relevant and clear.
- Deep dive and track issues / incidents / audit points on behalf of the business, challenge support partners in their activities and develop and execute credible and trackable action plans.
- Support the Markets APAC COO team in the maintenance and enhancement of the business’s supervisory framework.
- Routinely support key meetings (board, executive, operating etc.) through the preparation of materials and meeting admin.
- University degree with a post graduate degree or other professional designation being advantageous
- 2+ years of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of direct working experience in a securities and derivatives operating environments
- 3+ years of direct working experience in designing, implementing and performing controls
- Experience in running multiple concurrent tasks / roles (SME, trainer, controller, reporter, project manager etc.)
- Proactive and disciplined approach to managing periodic responsibilities
- Intimate knowledge of FICC products and their execution channels
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Proficient system and process flow mapping skills, including experience with using Microsoft Visio
- Detail orientated, proactive problem solver with very strong numerical, verbal and analytical skills
- Mandarin / Japanese language skills a plus, but not required
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.