About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Credit Risk Specialist.
The Credit Quality Assurance team reviews effectiveness and adherence of credit policies across all Consumer Lending products. We provide actionable recommendations based on emerging trends and work with our business partners to resolve issues impacting quality. The team is responsible for examining and analyzing new account and portfolio management underwriting decisions, including the evaluation of unusual, complex and high risk transactions to ensure alignment with internal company requirements and/or government regulations. This role must be able to clearly communicate overall process or transaction quality and provide feedback to partners regarding any identified inconsistencies.
Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills, high degree of initiative, strong partnering and interpersonal skills, solid project/process management skills, as well as a keen eye for detail. Qualified candidates must also possess a results driven attitude committed to quality work.
In this role, you will:
- Provide an independent and thorough examination of credit decisions, providing credible challenge to credit decisions, policies and strategies
- Collaborate with business partners to drive recommendations for change or corrective action, research outcomes of credit decision reviews and engage in vetting process
- Provide leadership, guidance and subject matter expertise to peers, business partners and CCSE management
- Escalate issues identified within account reviews for proper evaluation and vetting
- May lead quality reviews, which involves obtaining review data, developing test scripts, analyzing review scope, prioritizing work and assigning reviews to peers
- Participate in less complex initiatives and identify opportunity for risk mitigation strategies within Credit Risk
- Lead, develop, and implement strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance
- Review and analyze reports to assess and predict risk and monitor performance that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives, and exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
Required Qualifications, International:
- 4+ years of experience in similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Consumer Lending new account and portfolio management underwriting credit decisions and policies
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to complete data investigations with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of new application and servicing underwriting platforms
- Strong understanding of income analysis including self-employment cash flow
- Judgmental quality review experience
- Leadership skills including; coaching, training, and mentoring.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important to drive change.
- Experience of working across one or more geographic territories or regions
- Knowledge and understanding of market and counterparty risk management
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve the process
Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
Posting End Date:5 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.