About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Director reporting jointly to the Head of India and the Philippines Control Executive and to the Philippines Country Head. This is a front-line Control leadership role responsible for governance and oversight across all Philippines business and function activities.
This is a critical leadership for one of the largest banks in the world and will be expected to work and support US hours.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of multiple levels of senior managers and managers with focus on delivering service of moderate to high complexity for cross functional stakeholders and internal partners associated with the function or affected by its outcomes
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and risk control development by overseeing strategy and execution of all activities
- Lead Business Controls team by making strategic decisions to resolve highly complex issues by ensuring all process weaknesses or gaps are identified and remediation plans are supported and acted upon
- Interpret and develop range of policies and procedures for business functions with moderate to high complexity and risk
- Collaborate with and influence corporate heads, business heads, legal, audit, regulators, industry partners, elected officials, and trade groups including more experienced leadership
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and aligned with strategic objectives in Business Controls functional area
- Develop and guide a culture of Business Controls talent development to meet business objectives and strategies
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management, Business Controls, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Management experience
- 20+ years of overall experience with a minimum of 12 years in Front line Control or Operations discipline, including experience in a captive unit of a MNC financial institution. Experience as a COO will be preferred as there are key components such as strategy and effective governance needed.
- Deep understanding of the Philippines local laws, rules, and regs, local banking environment, and the talent market.
- Significant experience with US and global based regulators and experience as a participant in company and legal entity Boards.
- Knowledge of operational risk & compliance framework, primarily in the banking industry and its related operations. Proficiency and understanding nuances of front-line control reporting.
- Experience mobilizing and managing a large scale 200+ organization across varied verticals.
- Demonstrate collaboration, strong negotiation, communication, presentation and influence skills; ability to build and lead a team across multiple geographies
- Proven ability in exercising independent judgment and applying prudent risk mitigation principles
- Consulting experience with senior management teams. Ability to work well in teams.
Responsible for providing leadership across Philippines Control activities; build and lead a direct team of 3 resources with formal dotted line oversight for 200+ Control professionals supporting all business verticals and function. This will mean but not limited to:
• Build and lead a credible team to support control activities for the US based business and functional Control groups
• Manage budgets and expenses.
• Engage and manage stakeholder relationships and provide cost effective solutions when needed.
• Operational Excellence, focus on driving 'doing things right, the first time' and 'continuous improvement'
• Engage with local India and the Philippines business groups in risk identification, control design, control evaluation, issue management and control reporting.
• Engage effectively with partners to plan, assign and manage quality of work and performance reporting.
• Establish best in class Control culture, brand, and working environment
Key Control faceoff for the Philippines as it pertains to global regulators and local legal entity boards.
Partner with US Control leaders to identify opportunities and build talent capabilities in Philippines to support global talent requirements.
Provide leadership in proactive organization planning for the Philippines’ Control groups, lead the team members and effectively manage their engagement, learning needs, career progression and people management requirements in consultation and partnership with stateside leadership.
Provide effective leadership for control activities including timely escalation of risks, incidents and issues, including tracking and reporting of corrective actions, with appropriate escalation.
Develop and provide aggregated control reports for Philippines’ specific activities to ensure there is a comprehensive and transparent view of all risk items.
Lead Philippines Control Council meeting composed of Philippines leaders and their Control Management POCs. Represent Philippines in the broader India and Philippines Control Council.
Work closely with US partners and India and the Philippines teams to implement effective change management processes for any changes in the standard operating environment.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.