About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Due Diligence Associate...
In this role, you will:
- Investigate and assess alerts generated by AML systems for appropriate clearance or for further escalation, ensuring compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures and external regulations;
- Review and analyze transactional activity for suspicious/unusual patterns of activity utilizing various internal systems, reports and external data sources;
- Conclude whether further investigation is warranted based on a reasonable assessment of information obtained;
- Review, collect and transmit supporting details to the next level of Operations upon conclusion of review;
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events;
- Provide a supporting role to on-shore business partners. Assist in reviewing alerts and provide support on all AML and KYC monitoring functions performed by Global CDD;
- Maintain program and procedures, making updates as needed.
- Assist as needed with examinations and/or audits.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with decision making and report writing.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of Due Diligence experience, or equivalent (including risk management, client service, operations support, or business process management) demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, criminal justice, fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, or investigations of financial crimes or policy violations; experience in the foregoing Operational Risk Management processes and / or Compliance or Audit Programs of a banking back-office operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree or with equivalent industry/functional experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to be flexible and willing to change along with changes in corporate and department objectives in addition to recommending changes to assist in meeting these objectives.
- Ability to balance quality and quantity (volumes) with primary focus on quality.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to evolving and changing priorities. Procedures change frequently; selected candidates are expected to implement the changes immediately with minimal training.
- Is self-motivated, pragmatic (sense of urgency is a must)
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs.
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skill
- Ability To Interpret data
- Analytical skills
- Quick learner
- Domain knowledge within banking
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.