About this role:
Senior Data Management Analyst role will be supporting and maintaining Commercial master and reference data sets which help drive and support Commercial Banking’s need for accurate, consistent data used in actionable analytics and business operations, while mitigating risks to the organization. The individual in this role will work closely with various business and technology groups and systems/applications throughout Wholesale to ensure reference dataset quality and accuracy is maintained so that data can effectively support business processes.
- Lead or participate in moderately complex programs and initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities
- Design and conduct moderately complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality, data integrity, process, and control gaps
- Maintains necessary processes, controls, and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Works with different lines of business and other stakeholders to understand requirements and impact.
- Provides technical assistance in identifying and evaluating automated systems and related procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Works with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs and recommend changes to the automated systems.
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility
- Participate in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members
- University degree in any discipline or related discipline.
- 8+ years of business systems analysis, design experience or combination of both
- 6+ years of experience in Proficiency with SQL (Oracle & Teradata systems), PLSQL and working with advanced SQL coding and practices.
- 6+ years of experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting large datasets.
- 6+ years of experience with Agile project methodologies & Confluence & Jira tools
- Develop source-to-target mappings for source-to-APP and APP-to-target
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Worked on any BI tool ( Tableau or Power BI)
- Solid experience with MS Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, data lineage, and data modeling and data dictionary.
- Knowledge and understanding of research and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationship.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Expertise knowledge on Banking or Financial Services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to present data testing results across the organization at all levels
- A team player that is inclusive and inquisitive in learning about the current businesses and needs and can quickly provide rich insight into the overall strategic environment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.